Your privacy is very important to us. Please ready information below to see how Candibell handles information in connection with Candibell’s websites and the related mobile applications and services (collectively, the “Services”).
We Collect, Use, Share and Otherwise Process Information
Information Candibell Collects
Candibell collects information about you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you, if you choose to share it with Candibell. We receive information in a few different ways, including when you sign up, start, during, complete or upload tracking using the Services. Candibell also collects information about how you use the Services. There are also several opportunities for you to share information about yourself and your activities with Candibell. For example:
1) We collect basic account information such as your name, email address, username and password that helps secure and provide you with access to our Services.
2) Consumption activity information is collected about you when you use the Services to monitor and track the progress of depletion of a goods at your choice. This includes the information of the goods, time of activity, motion of the activity, start and stop of a tracking session, usage of the Candibell’s tracking equipment, ambient environment.
3) Candibell collects information from equipment and apps you connect to Candibell. For example, you may connect your tracking equipment to a bottle of Vitamin and the equipment communicates to Candibell to pass along information about consumption events; You may use Candibell’s app to change settings and information will be collected and shared with Candibell’s Service.
4) When you make a payment on Candibell, you may provide payment information such as your payment card or other payment details. We use Payment Card Industry compliant third-party payment services and we do not store your credit card information.
5) Candibell allows you to sign up and log in to the Services using accounts you create with third-party products and services, such as Facebook or Google (collectively, “Third-Party Accounts”). If you access the Services with Third-Party Accounts we will collect information that you have agreed to make available such as your name, email address, profile information and preferences with the applicable Third-Party Account. This information is collected by the Third-Party Account provider and is provided to Candibell under their privacy policies. You can generally control the information that we receive from these sources using the privacy controls in your Third-Party Account.
6) We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provide us with technical information when you access or use the Services. This technical information includes device and network information, cookies, log files and analytics information.
7) The Services use log files. The information stored in those files includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer, protect and secure the Services, track member movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, may be linked to session IDs, athlete IDs and device identifiers.
How Candibell Uses Information
Candibell uses the information we collect and receive to administer and operate the Services and to customize them for you. For example, we use your consumption activity information to infer if a goods of your interest is depleting.
We use the information we collect about you, and your activities to customize your experience. We also use the information we collect to process payments, provide support related to the Services, protect members and enforce our Terms of Services promote safety, and to communicate with you (including to send marketing communications) where you have agreed to receive such messages and notifications.
We also use the information we collect to analyze, develop and improve the Services. To do this, Candibell may use third party analytics providers to gain insights into how our Services are used and to help us improve the Services.
We may also use the information we collect to market and promote the Services, activities on Candibell, and other commercial products or services. This includes customizing your Candibell experience. For example, if we know that you like to consume certain types of goods, we may send you offers and promotions about goods under the same or similar category, of a different brand, at a lower price, or through a different retailer.
Candibell may aggregate the information you and others make available in connection with the Services and post it publicly or share it with third parties. To do this, we remove certain account information, such as your name, and combine the resulting information with similar information from other Candibell users. Examples of the type of information we may aggregate in this way include information about types of goods, consumption pattern, demographics, preferences and relationships among them. Candibell may use, sell, license, and share this information with third parties for research, business or other purposes or to help our partners understand more about users, including the people who consume their products or not consume their products.
How Information is Shared
In addition to sharing aggregated data about our users as described above, we also share information that identifies you in accordance with your preferences, as needed to run our business and provide the Services, and where required for legal purposes, as set forth below.
Retailers & Brands
We may share your information with third parties who provide services to Candibell such as a retailer/brand who sells goods that you are interested in. These service providers will only have access to the information necessary to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to protect and secure your information. We may also engage service providers to collect information about your use of the Services over time on our behalf so that we or they may promote Candibell or display information that may be relevant to your interests on the Services or other websites or services.
Sharing Information and Activities
In promoting fitness and awareness of our brand, we share your information with other Candibell members and the public in accordance with your privacy controls. For example, all or a portion of your name and profile information is viewable by other Candibell members and the public and, subject to your privacy controls, additional information may also be viewable. You can choose to share your consumption events and information about your present and past tracking with others. If you link your Candibell account to other social networks and share your activities, they will be viewable on such third-party platforms. You should use caution when sharing information via third parties and you should carefully review the privacy practices of such third parties.
Affiliates and Acquirors of our Business or Assets
We may preserve and share your information with third parties, including law enforcement, public or governmental agencies, or private litigants, within or outside your country of residence, if we determine that such disclosure is allowed by the law or reasonably necessary to comply with the law, including to respond to court orders, warrants, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory process. We may also retain, preserve or disclose your information if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate to prevent any person from death or serious bodily injury, to address issues of national security or other issues of public importance, to prevent or detect violations of our Terms of Services or fraud or abuse of Candibell or its members, or to protect our operations or our property or other legal rights, including by disclosure to our legal counsel and other consultants and third parties in connection with actual or potential litigation.
How We Protect Information
We take several measures to safeguard the collection, transmission and storage of the data we collect. Although we strive to employ reasonable protections for your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of the information you share with us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content. No system is 100% secure. The Services use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of personal information and activity information. Additionally, all communication and data transmission between Candibell’s server and equipment/app are over SSL. Candibell engages providers that are industry leaders in online security, including Services verification, to strengthen the security of our Services. The Services are registered with site identification authorities so that your browser can confirm Candibell’s identity before any personal information is sent. In addition, Candibell’s secure servers protect this information using advanced firewall technology.
To help ensure that these measures are effective in preventing unauthorized access to your private information, you should be aware of the security features available to you through your browser. You should use a security-enabled browser to submit your credit card information and other personal information at the Services. Please note that if you do not use a SSL-capable browser, you are at risk for having data intercepted.
Most browsers have the ability to notify you if you change between secure and insecure communications, receive invalid services identification information for the Services you are communicating with, or send information over an unsecured connection. Candibell recommends that you enable these browser functions to help ensure that your communications are secure. You can also monitor the URL of the services you are visiting (secure URLs begin with https:// rather than http://), along with the security symbol of your browser to help identify when you are communicating with a secure server. You can also view the details of the security certificate of the services to which you are connected. Please check the validity of any Services you connect to using secure communications.
While Candibell continues to work hard to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and Candibell cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Candibell. Transmitting personal information is done at your own risk.
Managing Your Information
Candibell may offer several features and settings to help you manage your privacy and how you share your activities with others and on social media. By default, any activities of goods consumption, in either past and present tracking session is private and only viewable to you.
Adjust Notification and Email Preferences
Updating Account Information
You may correct, amend or update your account information at any time by adjusting that information in your account settings, or by writing an email to email@example.com.
Deleting Information and Accounts
You may request to us to have your information or account deleted. Once deleted, your data, including your account, activities and place on leaderboards cannot be reinstated.
Note that content you have shared with others, or with social media platform may remain visible after you have deleted your account or deleted specific information from your own profile.
The Services are operated from the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and choose to use the Services or provide information to us, you acknowledge and understand that your information will be transferred, processed and stored in the United States, as it is necessary to provide the Services and perform the Terms of Services. United States privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
Retention of Information
Information about you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services may be de-identified or aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights which are commercially valuable to Candibell, such as statistics of the use of the Services. This information will be de-associated with your name and other identifiers.